Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Trip to Scottsdale

We visited my mom in Scottsdale this past week. I was very amazed that we even went because the trip was planned for the middle of hunting season, and since Hank lives for hunting season I wasn't sure he was going to be able to get on the plane. The day before we left he dropped a trailer hitch on his foot. He called me at work and said that he thought he had broken his foot, I of course that it was one of his infamous jokes and hung up on him. I called him back just in case and realized he was serious. So I drove home and then drove him to Bozeman to the Emergency Room. It turned out his foot was not broken (what a relief) but badly bruised. The Doctor said it was a miracle that he did not break his foot. So he got a splint, crutches and pain pills and headed home. Unfortunately, when the trailer dropped on his foot he was in the middle of chores and preparations for leaving the animals for a week. So I had to step in and help. I convinced my Dad we needed his help too! My Dad and I moved corral panels, filled up the chicken feeder with at least 450 pounds of chicken feed, dealt with raw meat (YUCK), and moved tools into the shop. Thankfully, Hank's friend Clint showed up just in time to finish the chores. I think Hank enjoyed bossing us around.
The next day we left for Billings for our flight. Hank could not drive so I had too and my luck there was a snow storm. Consequently, it was a loooong drive down to Billings with the backseat driver!
Once we made it to Scottsdale we had a blast, shopped till we dropped, went to Tombstone, ate good food, soaked up the sun, and went to a NASCAR race. When we found our seats at the race we heard someone say Hank, we looked over at the next aisle and it was a neighbor who lives exactly 1 mile away from us! After the race we followed them and turns out our cars were parked next to each other too. We were all amazed that at a race of 90,000 people we ran into people from Livingston.
We had a wonderful time with my mom, Sam, the dogs and enjoyed the warm weather!

A rainbow on the way home from Tombstone

Hank's swollen foot


Hank recovering on the patio

Bella's mouth wide open

Hank's mouth wide open!

LaLa and Bella


At Tombstone

At Tombstone posing with the Outlaws - the Earps - I think

The Nascar Race!

Dale Earnhardt Jr's car, I really am not a fan but liked his car

At the race

Another race car!

No comments:

Post a Comment