Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Butchers

We decided that this year we would invest (yes, it is quite an investment) in meat grinding equipment and make our own elk hamburger, sausages, etc. So yesterday we drove down to Billings to Cabellas to buy the equipment because when Hank decides he wants something it has to happen right now. So we spent the day cutting, grinding, re-grinding, and bagging. However, I typically HATE elk hamburger and I made meat loaf tonight with it and couldn't even tell it was elk, so our recipe was a success! Tomorrow we will make sommer sausage. Hopefully it goes as well as the hamburger.




I have been told that babies don't smile but I think this was a smile from Weston! Bella wanted to lay by her brother under the bankie.

1 comment:

  1. maybe we can buy some elk sausage or whatever you have sometime...it looks time consuming. is it? mmmmmm...how are you. nice little chat this past week. we will have to continue it soon, xo

    ReplyDelete